School Eco Council 2021 - 2022
Please meet our lovely new School Eco council members! These pupils have been selected after being elected by each class. They will help address eco / environmental issues around school but also act as a voice for all our pupils through their school council role.
The council's main priorities are:
- To reduce waste & encourage recycling.
- To use less energy in our school and also at home.
- To grow vegetables in our garden and promote plant-based healthy food options.
Already, we have:
- Started to recycle plastic items - bins have been placed in all rooms and signs have been made.
- A blue plastic receylcing bin has been provided by the council.
- Delivered assemblies to the whole school.
- Checked that lights and interactive whiteboards are swirched off when not in use.
- Worked with the gardening club to develop a seasonal planting plan. Already we have strawberries, leeks, rhubarb and cherries.
- Encourgaed pupils and staff to eat healthy, plant-based options if they can.
SMALL CHANGES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
HEALTHY, PLANT-BASED FOOD
ALWAYS TURN OFF LIGHTS
RECYCLE PLASTIC ITEMS
NEVER WASTE FOOD
ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO THE SAME
YOU CAN DO IT, BE MORE ECO!