At Sharneyford, we realise the importance of Pupil Voice and the need for pupils to have their own views and opinions. Here are a few of the ways we do this:
- School Council - very active, meeting every other week. They organise several fundraising events, e.g. cake sales, book sale. Some of the monies raised are kept to spend on improvements to school (as suggested by pupils), e.g. we have recently had a new playground marking on the front yard. This was chosen and paid for by the School Council.
- Sports Ambassadors - try to encourage the children to try new sports and eat healthier. Examples of sports include beanbag games, dodgeball, athletics and football.
- Eco-Council - we were awarded the bronze award for efforts in cutting down on our electricity bills
- Change4life Clubs - these are run by our Year 6 pupils every Friday lunch-time. They organise playground games for the younger pupils and encourage them to be more active and healthy.
- Ambassadors for the school - Year 6 pupils often show visitors around school including the Mayor of Rossendale who commented on their exemplary behaviour.
- Digital leaders - four pupils from Year 6 have been selected to research computing in school with the view to helping less confident learners in this area.
- Bacup 2040 Vision - our Year 5/6 pupils have been involved with this project and have given their opinions on what they would like their town to look like in the future.