Class 2 2023 - 2024
Snow Day Closure 10/3/23
Due to extreme amounts of snow school have taken the difficult decision to remain closed. Therefore I have uploaded some of the work we were due to do in class today. Hopefully this will allow you to not miss out on a days education but give you some time to enjoy the snow!
1) Spellings - in class we would have done our spelling test first thing. Spend some time practising your spellings and if you can get someone to test you. We will do our spelling test on Monday morning.
2) TTRockstars - We were due to take our last test on x 9's this morning. Practise your 9's and we will complete the final test on Monday.
3) Science - Forces. We have begun to learn about forces and I had planned for us to some experiments into pushes and pulls in the classroom. I have uploaded the powerpoint that I was going to introduce the topic with. There is also a worksheet attached. It is fairly simple so it shouldn't take too long to complete. Don't worry about printing off - you can just talk about whether it is a push or a pull and whether it starts or stops the movement.
4) Isaac Newton - Our focus scientist this half term is Isaac Newton as he is a prominant scientist linked to forces. Do some research on him - make a little fact file on plain / lined paper.
5) DT - Linkages, levers and gears. In class we were going to make a waving hand today using basic linkages. I do not expect you will have the resources needed at home, so instead, can you draw on a piece of paper gears, pulleys and levers that you can spot in your home? I have uploaded a sheet that has a similar hand to what we were going to make. Don't worry if you cannot print it or have the resources - this is just for fun, if you wanted to.
6) STAY WARM, ENJOY THE SNOW, HAVE FUN WITH YOUR FAMILY!
Myself and Mrs Tighe will see you all bright and early on Monday morning.
Welcome to Class 2 (Year 3 & 4)
Mrs Jarvis is the teacher based in class 2 with Mrs Tighe as the class Teaching Assistant. On Mondays children are taught modern foreign languages and PE by other members of school staff. PE also takes place on other days during the week (sometimes Tuesday morning or Wednesday afternoon) so it is important that children have their PE kit in school at all times.
Ukulele Lessons- Every Tuesday the children have a ukulele lesson with a teacher from the music service. It is important that children are encouraged to take responsibility for bringing their own instrument in every week.
Times tables Rock Stars.
Log in details have been given out for our new TTRockStars programme. Children are encouraged to play as much as possible to help them to improve their scores. Children will be carrying out written tests on times tables 3 times a week. Here is the link:- http://ttrockstars.com/login
Homework will be given out on Fridays and should be returned by Thursday. It is really important that it is handed in on time to encourage independence and responsibility.
Reading books: We encourage children to read as often as possible. Please can you sign your child's reading record when you have heard them read. If they finish their book and require a new one, please let the teacher know either in person or by writing in their record. Once records are handed in to the teacher, your child will receive a new reading book
Class 2: News items
There are no News items to display
Class 2: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Class 2: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display