Our Equality Objectives
We welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010. The school's general duties, with regards to equality are to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination
- Advance equality of opportunity
- Foster good relations
Our equality objectives are:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school
- To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after-school clubs and activities
- To ensure the school environment is accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- Actively close gaps in attainment and achievement between pupils and all groups of pupils; especially students eligible for free-school meals, students with special educational needs and disabilities and looked after children.
We will not discriminate against, harass or victimise any pupil or other member of the school community because of their:
- Religion or belief;
- Sexual orientation;
- Gender reassignment;
- Pregnancy or maternity;
- Marriage or civil partnership.
We aim to promote pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, with special emphasis on promoting equality and diversity, and eradicating prejudicial incidents for pupils and staff. Our school is committed to not only elimating discrimination, but also increasing understanding and appreciation for diversity.
See below for more details.